I went to a Ruby on Rails workshop yesterday and today at Thoughtbot, it was awesome. We built an twitter-like application called “shout”. These are the features it had:
- User Sign In, Sign Out, Sign Up
- Streams of “shouts” on a homepage called the “dashboard”
- The ability to follow users
- We touched a little on test driven development, which is awesome!
- Spent a large portion emphasizing the importance of relationships in data
- And we were taught how to implement searches in our application.
I learned a lot. =]